Looking for solutions to auto forward and save emails from Outlook? Read more here.
Does your email inbox contains your list of action items for work? Perhaps you want to share these todo items with your team on Airtable? Have you ever wondered if there is a way to automatically save them all to your Airtable to manage all your workloads?
TaskRobin.io can help you with automatically saving emails to Airtable without you lifting a finger!
Our official Airtable extension is now available on Airtable Marketplace! Add the TaskRobin extension to your Airtable base to start saving emails to Airtable.
In the first part of the guide, we will take a look at how TaskRobin.io can help you easily save emails to Airtable with a simple forward. Then, we will create an email rule with your email provider e.g. Gmail or Outlook (you’ll only have to do this once!) to automatically save emails to Airtable. In this guide, we will use Gmail as the example for setting up the automated forwarding rules. And that’s it - all your tasks will be automatically tracked in Airtable.
TaskRobin.io is a web integration for Airtable and Notion that helps you save emails with all your attachments. After registering for an account, you can simply forward your emails to a private robot inbox such as firstname.lastname@example.org to have them saved to Airtable. Whenever you forward an email to this robot inbox, TaskRobin will create a new item in your Airtable base. Your message history, sender email address, timestamp and subject line will be stored in respective Airtable columns. If your email includes attachments, they will also be automatically uploaded and made available for download in your Airtable directly.
This solves the problem of how to save emails to Airtable with all your attachments and meta information.
Next, we will set up email rules in Gmail, or any other email service provider you use, to automatically forward your important emails to TaskRobin so they will be saved straight to Airtable without you lifting a finger. It is super easy - just follow the list of steps below!
Step 1: Set up your TaskRobin account and link an Airtable base
- Register for a free trial account and follow the instructions to link your Airtable base page.
Step 2: Add
email@example.com (or the robot inbox you chose in Step 1) as a forwarding address with your email provider
- Open Gmail, navigate to Settings -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Click the “Add a forwarding address” button.
- Enter “
firstname.lastname@example.org” as the forwarding address.
- Click Next and proceed to forward emails to TaskRobin.io.
- This will trigger a verification code to the TaskRobin inbox. Our team will forward you the verification code as soon as we can.
- Once you have received the verification code from the TaskRobin team, you can verify this forwarding address and use this in an email rule.
Step 3: Create a rule in Gmail to filter out messages you want to auto save to Airtable
- Select messages in your inbox, open the “More” menu, click “Filter messages like this”.
- Edit the input fields and create your own filter to select messages.
- In the next step, you can choose to forward emails under this rule to the TaskRobin inbox. Save the filter and you are ready to go!
Once the forwarding address is verified, you can repeat Step 2 to create as many custom rules to help you keep track of regular emails from various senders! You can use this trick to automatically save emails to different Airtable base depending on the sender, subject line or other email properties.
Though our team may can take a while to forward you the auto forward verification email due to time zone differences, this will tremendously increase your productivity. Once you have this setup, you never have to manually save emails to Airtable as new entries, and uploading the attachments one by one! And most importantly, you will never miss out on another important email.